NAHA was held Sunday, April 2nd at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, CA. NAHA features 14 categories of excellence across hair and makeup artistry, including the popular Haircolor, Avant Garde, and Texture award categories.
The Professional Beauty Association (PBA) is excited to announce the winners of the 34th Annual North American Hairstyling Awards (NAHA), the beauty industry’s most prestigious competition in North America. NAHA honours the beauty industry’s top artists and creative talent who push the boundaries of skill and creativity. Bringing together the top artists for more than 30 years, NAHA showcases the finest collections and talent in the industry.
NAHA 2023 kicked off with a dynamic red carpet reception, headlined by former NAHA winner and industry influencer, Jalia Pettis. SalonEVO Editor Jennifer Paxton interviewed attendees alongside Global Director of L’oreal and Ulta Beauty Pro Danielle Keasling.
Featuring artistic presentations by Ulta, Ashtae, CBC Productions, and Cassie Carey, NAHA 2023 continued to inspire and showcase the talent and beauty of the industry.
Nina Daily, Executive Director at PBA said: “We were thrilled to have such talent and inspiration at NAHA this year. Our NAHA winners and finalists continue to amaze us every year, truly elevating the industry.”
Congratulations to the winners, from all of us at SalonEVO! We feature so many talented stylists each month and are happy to see lots of them on the winners list. Here’s this year’s NAHA Winners…
- Avant Garde- Cassie Carey
- Barber of the Year- Cecilia Jimenez
- Editorial Stylist of the Year- Timothy Cabell
- Educator of the Year- Rodrick Samuels
- Haircolor- Luis Gonzalez
- Haircutting- Yuki Yasui
- Hairstylist of the Year- Julie Vriesinga
- Inspiring Salon of the Year- Crawford Master Stylists Ltd.
- Makeup Artist of the Year- Mel Martinez
- Master Hairstylist of the Year- Allen Ruiz
- Student Hairstylist of the Year- Cooper Brooks
- Styling and Finishing- Caidy Brasure
- Team of the Year- Hair Biz and Beyond: Laura Gunter, Anthony Negron, Galyna Poczciwinski, Stacy Anne and Danielle Keasling
- Texture- Keith Bryce